Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

It's all just so...cliche.

I have had a life changing experience.

While I was a child and growing up, I really thought only two people on this earth loved me. My grammie and grampie. They died. Then, one person came into my life that I really believed loved me. That was Darrin. My children love me, of course. But, I could never really say that I have felt the love of friends. Sure, I think people like me. But love..I wasn't so sure. Until now.

At my ladies Bible study, we studied the story of how Moses' friends held up his hands for him when he couldn't. That was one week before I went into the hospital. In a way, God was preparing me, showing me that even though I was going to get sick, and not be able to take care of my family, my friends were going to!

And did they ever!

They cooked, took care of my children, encouraged my husband, encouraged me, prayed for us..you name it. It was very overwhelming to be loved so much! It wasn't something I was used to. I needed to accept the love, and to accept that there was nothing else I could do but to say Thank you.

As I start to feel better, I am reflecting on how God used this time to break me down a little. To realize that things are ok without me sometimes, to realize that people care so much, and that I don't have all the control that I think I do. I also look back and see now how sick I was, and I know how what I had could have turned out without a positive outcome.  I am grateful, grateful, grateful. My heart bursts with thankfulness.

I believe I am loved and my life will not be the same.


1 comments:

the Quickes! said...

We do love you! And are so happy you are okay and getting your strength back! Take good care of yourself, my dear!

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?