Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

First Day Blues

Well, it was inevitable. The first day of school had to come. The children were nervous, but this morning went off without a hitch. Amelia must have been particularly nervous or excited because she was up at 5 am, although really she didn't have to get up until 5:30. Here she is, my gorgeous girl. I told her that seventh grade was my favorite year, and I hope this would be her best year yet!







Zachary was particulary nervous, because his small Pine Island School of 150 children closed, and he was off to his "New Adventure" at his new school, Sandfordville Elementary which is 750 kids strong! He did give me a hard time about making him wear a "collar" shirt, but other than that he was smiling as he went out the door to the bus.
I made a great first day breakfast, complete with sausage, eggs, yogurt, toast and OJ. Unfortunately, he didn't want it.


He stuck with his routine of Cheerios, with yogurt on the side. Geez, I can't even try to make a nice breakfast!

Someone else has decided he wants to go to school too, and asks me every night if he's bigger so he can go on the bus. I need to keep this picture for the first day of kindergarten to show him while he's crying his eyes out. (Oh wait, that's me.)

Bye, bye Zack! See you later!




And, since Steven doesn't start school until tomorrow, he sat with Nathan for a while so Darrin and I could go out on a lunch date. We went to Yesterday's in town, and then had to make a stop at our favorite Cafe, Cafe a la Mode. We just can't stay away from this place! I snapped the next picture while Darrin had some brownie in his mouth. Love it!


Amelia and Zack survived their first day, and I did too. At one point in the morning, Darrin took Steven and Nathan on an errand so I could shower. When I got out of the shower, I almost cried! It was TOO quiet. Strange, during these summer months I longed for a little bit of quiet time. Even when Nathan napped, the others wanted to do something, weather it was swim or play a game, or even eat (imagine that!) so I was always busy doing something. To hear nothing, to hear silence, was just shocking to me. Some day, when Nathan is off to Kindergarten (Sept. 2014, calendar marked) I will feel the same way again. And to combat that feeling, I will be spending that day at the spa.

Anyone want to join me?


























2 comments:

the Quickes! said...

September 2014, on my calendar too! I'm right there with you at that spa!! Your kids look gorgeous, all ready for the big day. So glad you and Darrin got to go out together, and you got some QUIET (gasp!) time! Wow, what a day!

My Daily Jenn-ism said...

Where do I sign?? 3 more years my baby girl will be in her first year of middle school just like Amelia!

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?