Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Don't Blink!

The strangest thing has happened. I blinked. In the second it took to blink, my oldest son was behind the wheel. Wait a minute! Wasn't I just buckling him in his car seat? Let me check, do his feet REALLY reach the pedals?
Yes, they do.
I took him to get his permit on his birthday. To him, this was a great birthday present. Of course he passed the written test with flying colors and the officials decided to entrust my 16 year old with a 2 ton machine that if not used properly, could result in tragedy.
Wait, where was I? Sorry.
So, he was happy that finally, after a year of counting the hours, minutes and seconds, he was rewarded with the privilege (see the underline?) of driving. I must say, he is a very cautious driver. Then again, a lot of these "backwoods country" (Thanks Lori, love that!) roads don't have lines so he has to judge which is the correct side of the road to drive on. Remember when people heard you were going to start driving? "I'll make sure to stay off the sidewalks" is what they used to say. From recent experiences, I'd say that's a good idea.
Being on the passenger side of the car your child is driving (and in your minds eye he is still buckled in his car seat drinking out of a cuppie while doing this) is hard to describe. If you want to imagine entrusting your life to your "little boy", that's exactly what it's like. Glad I was a pretty decent mom to him!
To all of you still buckling your babies in, take this as advanced warning. Oh wait. That's me too.
Happy Birthday to my forever baby. You're a great young man.
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?