Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It was bound to happen!

One thing that I notice is that when I meet someone for the first time and we start talking about our lives, their eyes get super wide when I mention my four children and their age ranges. FOUR! Wow!
For me, four children has never been harder then I can handle. (Five, well, that would be a different story and not one I will ever experience.) Or so I thought. Last Sunday, Mother's Day, really hit me over the head.
We went to church, brought two of our children to their Sunday school classes, and listened to our Pastors message. Darrin had told the children to hurry up after church, no doughnuts today, we are going to surprise mommy so get right in the car. So, I picked up Nathan from the nursery and headed out to the car. We're all settling in and chatting about the surprise, and Darrin says we have an hour and a half ride so we better get moving. A man named Vaughn happened to be walking out of church and saw us, so he stopped to chat for a minute. He looked in the car, and spoke to each child and just as we were saying "OK, we better get going" he says to us "WAIT! Where's Zachary???"

Turns out I never (or anyone else) got him from his Sunday School class. Yikes! We forgot to get him!

I was mortified. How could I have done that? Well, you say, it's because you have FOUR children. No way, that's no excuse. Honestly I am still getting used to the very important rule that he is not allowed to leave the classroom without someone going to get him. BUT STILL!!!

Thankfully, my family and Vaughn decided to give me grace by making a joke about the scene in Home Alone and easing my mommy guilt a bit. It was Mothers Day after all.

So I RUN into the church where Zachary and his Sunday school teacher are still waiting, and then again, receive grace when his teacher says "No problem, I was just going to take him to my house for a BBQ". And my Zachary, again, gives me grace my laughing and saying "hey mom, I'd really like to go to that BBQ one day!"

Yes, I almost left a child behind. But this Mothers Day, I received grace from friends and family. What more could a very busy mom of four ask for?

(next post, the rest of the day which included our car breaking down)

1 comments:

the Quickes! said...

My mom was 1 of 6 kids. Once on a cross-country road trip, her parents forgot her sister by the side of the road after a rest stop. I think they were an hour down the road before they realized it. So at least you didn't leave the parking lot without him!

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?