Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Don't judge a book..or a hair salon


So I decided to get a hair cut. This is something I was thinking about for a while, but was too chicken to do anything about it. You see, I've had long, long hair for a very long, long time. Cutting my hair shorter was something that really scared me. For some reason, I always equated long hair with youth. I know most of you don't agree, but that's how it felt to me. But seriously, when you wake up everyday and put it in a pony, praying that someone doesn't come to the door seeing you look that way, it's time for a change. It was at the point where either it looked really pretty (after spending an hour on it) or really, really ratty. There was no in between. You get the point.



So I see an ad for a local place, and I just LOVE the cut that they have featured in the ad. Oh my goodness...this is what I want! I ended up calling them and they had a 4 pm opening. Kiss Darrin goodbye...tell him to kiss the hair goodbye...and off I go.



I pull up, and I was very happy to see a "save Pine Island Elementary" sign in their window...Yay for supporting local business! I walked in, and behind the counter, was a woman, maybe around 50 or so. I told her my name, and she said "What are you thinking about for your hair?" Pulled out the picture in the ad and she says "Well, I ain't the owner. I'm Lori. Lemme see that. Hmmmmm....looks great, you goin' that short?" and I said a very strong voice, "No....No...not THAT short." Upon sensing my fear she very kindly says "Nah...don't worry, we won't be hackin' too much off"



Oh my. Ok, she just said "hackin"...and I think this is the woman who will be cutting my hair. ACK!!!!


"Let's get ya washed"


We chatted a bit, and as we're chatting she's cutting, and cutting, and cutting. Now you all know I'm freaking, but she knows that too! So she keeps chatting about how she's a volunteer on the ambulance corps. ect. And she is very, very nice. But I am here, stuck in this chair, with a woman I thought was the receptionist, she looks like my description of myself when I don't want to answer the door, she is cutting my hair away, and there isn't a thing I can do about it!!!!

But then.....

She's finished. And out comes the hairdryer, and out comes the boars hair round brush, and she's blowing it out.



AND I LOVE IT!



It is so great. Really. I was so pleasantly surprised. All I could do is smile from ear to ear. She said "Come on Anne, shake it around! Put your hands through it" And I did.



Really, I was practically jumping up and down like a little girl watching Justin Bieber. I said a big "Thank You" gave her a big tip, and a big hug, and was off to home to show my family.



And they, also, love it.



Oh yeah, the youth thing I was writing about in the beginning of this post? Saw someone at the library who was Zack's soccer coach last spring. When I went up to her to say Hi, she said "Oh..sorry I didn't recognize you...you look like a teenager!"



Ratty hair no more.












0 comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?