Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 07, 2011

Meatless Monday




Sometimes it's hard being the only vegetarian in a house full of carnivores. That's why I love the invention of "Meatless Monday" This wasn't a term that I invented. In fact, it was first introduced to me by the kids school last year. They have decided that on Mondays, they would serve something sans meat, and have a lovely salad bar to go with whatever they served. The salad bar was provided by our own local farms, making it all the more tasty. So, I decided that Mondays would be meatless in our home too. Mind you, there are other nights that I actually eat what everyone else is eating, because we don't have meat every day. But at least this way, everyone knows that Monday is definately going to me meatless.


I will now share the recipe for tonights dinner, and I hope to do this every Monday as well.

VEGETARIAN CHILI WITH PASTA


1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
1 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
2 141/2 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup red pepper diced
2 minced cloves garlic
2-3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
wagon wheel pasta (I made the whole box, had some leftovers)

In slow cooker, combine beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, sweet pepper, garlic, chili powder, oregano.

cover and cook on low 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
Cook pasta and drain, combine with slow cooker contents.

That's it! This was so simple to do. I just love my slow cooker, I can prepare this while Nathan is napping, and I don't have to worry about cooking while holding him on my left hip. (I bet he'll be a chef someday)

My thought bubble says "yummy"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?